I am not sorry I am not sorry for posting these. They are BY FAR the best Paleo pancakes I have ever consumed……and believe me I have eaten my fair share of them. I mean who doesn’t like pancakes?? Not anyone I know that’s for sure. I added blackberries in these, but realistically you could put anything you wanted or just have them plain. Also, the original recipe called for agave nectar but I subbed coconut nectar instead. I really don’t like cooking with agave – it has a TON of sugar and the coconut nectar has a buttery flavor to it. Since I don’t use butter that obviously is a huge plus when making pancakes. That taste wondrous with butter. Sigh.
Here is the recipe (I only made half). Make, consume, fall in love:
¼ cup coconut nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup water
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
coconut oil for sauteing
- Combine eggs, coconut nectar, vanilla and water and mix until smooth.
- Add almond flour, salt and baking soda and mix to incorporate dry ingredients into batter.
- Warm coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Pour pancake batter onto skillet.
- Pancakes will form little bubbles, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook other side.
- Remove from heat to a plate.
- Repeat process with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet as needed.
- Drizzle with coconut nectar or maple syrup.